A. The Problem
Due to exposure to chemical estrogens omnipresent in our food, water, and air, the vast majority of men and women already suffer the effects of estrogen dominance by the time they are in their early 30s.
Also: Due to diet and lifestyle, most men and women find that their testosterone has become "unavailable" by the time they are in the early 30s. For men, that problem is compounded by the fact that what testosterone they do have is being converted into dyhydrotestosterone, which leads to prostate enlargement and cancer.
B. Program for Dealing with the Problem
- Estrogen dominance: Once we understand the problem, it is easy to see that for the vast majority of women, hormone replacement therapy with conjugated estrogens such as Premarin is not the answer. It very well may be a major contributor to the problem. (Most people are not aware that Premarin is actually derived from horse urine. Hence the name: Pregnant mare urine.)
The only natural balancer to excessive estrogen in the body is natural progesterone — not more estrogen. Supplementation with natural progesterone has no known side effects. And its potential health benefits include: increased bone formation; increased protection against endometrial cancer and breast cancer; relief from PMS symptoms and symptoms of menopause; normalized libido; improved body-fat profile; improved sleep patterns; relief from migraine headaches.
- Bound testosterone: In a 1986 clinical study, it was documented that it's not actual testosterone production that decreases as people age. What happens is that it's the amount of free circulating testosterone that decreases. Wild oats and nettles easily travel through the body and free up testosterone.
C. General Recommendations
- Progesterone: Seriously consider supplementation with an all-natural progesterone cream.
- Estrogen: Supplement only when necessary. When required, use either all-natural triple-estrogen or pure estriol.
- Testosterone: Extracts of wild oats and nettles can safely help increase testosterone levels in the body. Zinc supplementation is also advisable to help prevent production of dihydrotestosterone.
- HGH: Supplementation with a secretagogue, a homeopathic HGH formula, or the new sublingual polymer matrix HGH makes sense for anyone over 35. The polymer matrix HGH is the most effective.
- DHEA: I do not recommend supplementation with DHEA at this time without monitoring DHEA levels in your blood. If you insist, try the new 7-Keto formulas.
- Pregnenolone: Start with 5 mg a day and increase by 5 mg a day (to a maximum of 30 mg) until you "feel" really good. Then try backing it down to the lowest level that still produces that same feeling. Finally, start backing off on the days that you use it until yuou are using it only 2 or 3 times a week) so as to not suppress your body's own production).
- Melatonin: Melatonin, in small doses, several times a week (so as to not suppress your body's own production) makes sense for supplementation.
D. Recommended Products
- Men's Formula — By restoring our natural testosterone levels, men pump up energy levels, drive our desire to attack the day, fire the need to succeed, bond us with our mates, fuel our sexual desires, elevate our levels of sexual satisfaction, build muscle, burn off fat, and facilitate better circulation.