Life Extension Foundation Buyer's Club
A LIFE EXTENSION SPECIAL REPORT,
What's Wrong With Vitamin E?,
by Karin Granstrom Jordan, M.D. :
nothing wrong with vitamin E. Dr. Jordan's point is that there's something
missing from most vitamin E supplements. Vitamin E is composed of
eight known fractions, but your typical vitamin E supplement contains
only one of them, alpha tocopherol. A few brands contain four
fractions, identified as mixed tocopherols. What's missing
from almost all vitamin E supplements are the four known fractions
"Most vitamin E supplements consist primarily of alpha tocopherol
. Recent studies indicate that a lot more than alpha tocopherol is
needed to protect against degenerative disease.
"To obtain optimal health benefits from vitamin E, a mixture
of tocopherols and tocotrienols are required. Some of the functions
of these vitamin E fractions are similar while others are completely
different. When taken together, these various forms of vitamin E work
synergistically as a team to provide maximum benefits."
For example, "The different vitamin E forms have complementary
effects as free radical scavengers. Together they can fight a wider
spectrum of free radicals than alpha-tocopherol alone."
THE LIFE EXTENSION FOUNDATION:
the benefits that scientists have attributed to the tocotrienols include:
1. Antioxidant effects 40-60 times higher than alpha tocopherol
2. Lifespan extension of 19% in one animal experiment
3. Reversal of narrowed carotid artery due to atherosclerosis (reduced
risk of stroke)
4. 50% reduction of protein degradation in animals
5. Significant reductions in total and LDL cholesterol in humans
6. Reduction in cancer incidence of 83% in one animal study
7. Killing cancer cells and improving survival in cancer-striken animals
8. Inhibiting proliferation of human breast cancer cells in culture
9. Suppressing cardiovascular risk factors
tocotrienols provide many benefits, studies document the critical
importance of gamma tocopherol in suppressing free radicals that are
not controlled by alpha tocopherol. It is gamma tocopherol that may
most effectively prevent prostate cancer. One study showed that it
even inhibited the growth of existing prostate cancer."
Life Extension Foundationís Gamma E Tocopherol contains the highest
percentage of gamma tocopherol found on the supplement market in an
encapsulated liquid vitamin E formula. It can be used to augment regular
alpha tocopherol supplements or as a one-a-day vitamin E supplement
on its own.
Where to get Gamma E Tocopherol:
Go to http://www.lef.org.
their vitamins section.